Wednesday, June 12, 2019

IMPACT: a photo-essay on impact of landslides in the Darjeeling-Sikkim Himalaya


Impact



IMPACT is a photo-essay done by a layman (yrs truly) for laypersons on the impact of landslides on human beings in this region. I have compiled the photos from a 11yr period (except for those shared by Das Studio, Darjeeling) and have woven my observations/comments on them.
It is by no means complete and will be continued. What I am extremely apologetic about is the lack of hard core data since I did not have access to district or state records on the huge impact of landslides on loss of life, land, compensation paid or of rainfall while making this presentation.
Regrets for that.
I also have not included any technical details of the landslides shown in the images simply because I have no access to them.


Praful Rao,
Kalimpong district,
Darjeeling - Sikkim Himalaya

No comments: