- In Kalimpong approx 83% of the rainfall for the month occurred from 01-20Jul2015 with major peaks taking place on 07/10/14July (see graph). The cloud image associated with that type of intense rainfall can be seen above in the satellite image.
- This rainfall resulted in numerous landslides in the region which have been covered in earlier blogs (see 1 and 2 )
- After 26Jul till date, it has remained largely dry in this region.
- Little or no precipitation occurred in our region in the last week of July especially when south Bengal was reeling under severe flooding caused by Cyclone Komen (see rainfall map showing scanty rainfall in North Bengal).
- Kalimpong had more rainfall than Darjeeling in Jul2015 which is surprising.